Monday, April 20, 2009

Garden update 4-19-2009

Here's a supersweet. This thing is suppose to get 14' tall.















This is my onion bed. Can you tell I like onions?















I got a little lazy and didn't want to create a new bed for my okra. I removed the sod in six, one square foot spots. Then, I tilled it down to around one foot deep with a garden fork. I mixed in some of my freshly harvested worm castings and planted 3 okra seeds per hole.
















This is a jalapeno pepper I grew from seed.















Here is the potato bed freshly after I hilled the plants
















Close up of a hilled potato.
















The elephant garlic is getting big.
















The cucumber starting to climb.
















Cayenne pepper bought from Lowes. Yeah, it's bigger than the ones I planted, but I don't have a fancy green house.
















Out-of-focus bean.










No comments:

Post a Comment